Pump Rebuilds and Overhauls
Every industry needs reliability, and that is what SCG Process delivers. Our service and repair business is built around providing timely pump rebuilds and value added upgrades to organizations that value up-time. Our repair centres are staffed with factory trained professional millwrights, machinists, and welders that are experts in large-scale rotating equipment repair and upgrades.
Our technical staff can provide failure diagnosis, performance troubleshooting and consultations on materials and hydraulic upgrades to help you tackle your toughest applications. With well over 100 years of collective industry experience we are ready to take on all your complex pump rebuild and upgrade challenges.
If you face challenges with discontinued or unsupported pieces of equipment, SCG Process has the resources to re-engineer and replicate your old obsolete parts to OEM or better quality.
Top 5 Reasons to Rebuild and Service Your Pumps
1. Pump rebuilds are engineered with precision, improving the pump lifespan and reducing the highest expense – unscheduled downtime. With an overhaul of a pump or its components, SCG Process technicians will use 3D scanning, computer guided engineering, the latest welding technology, as well as CNC and CMM machinery to complete your project.
2. Improved Efficiency – Often there are opportunities to improve the efficiency of your equipment during a rebuild. Newly manufactured components using current technology and manufacturing process often afford an increase in total performance. Improved, fit, finish, and tolerance can all contribute to a superior pump rebuild experience.
3. Improved Reliability – Upgrading metallurgy, tolerances, packing, bearing types and coatings has proven to double or even triple pump life. Discussing these options with SCG Process could saves thousands of dollars in life-cycle costs.
4. Product Exchange programs save time, inventory and money. SCG Process supplies a replacement pump, or assembly, while your damaged pump or assembly is being refurbished, you get billed only for the repair work performed on your worn unit.
5. Installing a new equipment can be complicated and expensive. It makes sense to extend the life of your existing equipment for as long as possible as part of an ongoing preventative maintenance and rebuild program within your facility.
Types of Large Pumps to Rebuild and Overhaul
SCG Process has manufactured over 90,000 equipment parts to extend pump asset life and we have rebuilt hundreds of large pumps and blowers for industrial and municipal facilities. We specialize in the complex projects where pumps are subjected to harsh conditions and provide services for a wide variety of pumps types including:
• Chemical Process Pumps
• Pulp Stock and Pulp Process Pumps
• Boiler Feed Water Pumps
• Vertical Turbine Pumps
• Vertical Axial and Mixed Flow Pumps
• Horizontal Split Case Pumps
• Submersible Solids Handling
• Dry Pit Solids Handling
• Vacuum and Process Air Blowers
Our typical pump rebuild and overhaul program scope includes:
• Detailed disassembly, cleaning, and inspection of all components
• Clean, machine and polish impellers, shaft, spigots and other critical components
• Balancing of all impellers and rotating elements
• Repair or replace any wear wings as required
• Repair, replace, and/or upgrade any bearings or seals as required.
• Mechanical seal upgrades where recommended.
• Supply all new hardware, o-rings, gaskets, and bushings
• QA/QC all new components
• Detailed rebuild report complete with phots and tabulations as required
Vertical Turbine Pump (VTP) Spring Maintenance Promotion
Schedule your Vertical Turbine Pump (VTP) maintenance and receive a FREE Flowserve Cartridge ISC2 seal! SCG Process has successfully completed hundreds of VTP maintenance, rebuild and material upgrade projects for a wide range of customers including water treatment plants, power generators, and ski resorts.
Vertical Turbine Pumps generally describe a multi-stage type of pump in a vertical position. The discharge flange of the pump is generally above the mounting surface while the actual pumping elements are usually below the base plate, submerged below the water line, or sometimes installed within a suction can. The pumps are often used across the entire hydraulic spectrum, they can develop reasonably small to very large flows and can be configured with multiple stages to cover a wide range of discharge head requirements, it is an incredibly configurable, highly versatile pump option for your applications.
Maintaining your Vertical Turbine Pump is critical to its service life, and with a variety of applications and installations, every operator should be on the look out for some key performance areas to manage as part of a strong preventative maintenance program. To establish the “health” of your pump, simple checks and conditioning monitoring practices should be employed. Monitoring performance variables such as flow and pressure are easy indicators of your pump’s overall performance. Performing a quick shut off head test and correlating pressure data to your OEM pump curve is a very easy and fast indicator of overall performance as well as an indirect indicator of other issues such as impeller wear. Vibration is another key component of your VTP’s operation to measure and manage. Most Vertical Turbine Pumps are configured with intermediate shafting and column pipe between the discharge head and the bowl assembly. These columns of pipe and lengths of shaft are supported by bearings at interval spans along the length of the pump. Depending on your application these bearing areas can be subject to very clean fluids or can be exposed to abrasives within the process, reducing the life of the bearings, leading to wear. Monitoring the condition of these bearings through a good vibration program are key to good preventative maintenance, catching your bearing wear and preventing more catastrophic failures of your equipment can mean the difference between quick turned manageable cost-effective maintenance and the long lead time and high costs of new equipment.
SCG Process is a leading repair and rebuild shop for Vertical Turbine Pump operators. We have successfully completed hundreds of projects and offer on-site expertise and as well as extensive maintenance services in our ISO 9001 certified facilities.