Unmatched Durability And Functionality
Reduce maintenance and improve calibration with the Indu-Tech Level Transmitter Isolation Valve.
Indu-Tech Isolation Valve Features Overview
The isolation valve has independent bolting patterns to mount the valve to the tank and the level transmitter. Separate mounting plates ensure a safe working environment when removing a level transmitter from the tank during routine operations.
Thin Cross Section
The isolation valve features a thin cross section which ensures the level transmitter is as close as possible to the process tank for better measurement accuracy.
Lever Handle with Simple Lock Out
The isolation valve is designed with a 90-degree ¼ turn on/off lever handle. With no exposed apparatus on the handle, operators can open or close the handle on demand, even in situations where the valve has not been activated over a long period.
Light Weight and Compact
The Indu-Tech isolation valve weighs under 20lbs (9kg) and is straight forward to install, even in confined spaces that are difficult for larger valve designs. Installation does not require mechanized lifting gear.
Bubble Tight Seal
The isolation valve features a close captured seated ball design, which ensures that the process medium does not build up internally as commonly experienced with open cavity ball valves. Each valve is tested under strict quality standards for bubble tight design prior to shipment.
Insights & Application Notes
A bubble-tight seal is an absolute must for chemical and gas applications. At Indu-Tech, our industrial experts understand the challenges of maintaining safety within plants. The risk of chemical or gas leaks from industrial tanks and process lines is always high and measuring tank levels using level transmitters must be carried out as safely and responsibly as all other operations.
The Importance of a Bubble-Tight Seal
- The Indu-Tech Isolation Valve remains completely sealed at all times, thanks to our specialized internal sealing system. The quarter-turn on/off maintains the bubble tight seal in both the ON and OFF positions.
- Our expertly engineered isolation valve features a unique ball-type design, including a close-captured seated ball and a blow-out proof stem. This protects processing materials by preventing internal material build-up, which can be a common problem within open cavity ball valves.
- Each valve undergoes rigorous testing and thorough quality control to ensure it is bubble tight before it is ever shipped and installed.
- During the assembly stages of our isolation valve, we ensure the bubble-tight seal our system offers conforms to all requisite EPA standards. It’s how we help maximize the performance of systems and efficiency of processes within our clients’ facilities.
Indu-Tech’s Isolation Valve features a simple quarter turn ON/OFF design. This simplifies movements of internal components and significantly decreases the chance of a jam. It is not susceptible to corrosion or contaminants that cause valve stems and brackets to corrode and seize, becoming inoperable over time.
The Importance of Quarter Turn Valve Functionality
- Protects Components. The simplified quarter turn on/off lever handle design helps protect internal components during valve movement.
- Employee Safety. Easily Locked in Both the Open and Closed Positions. The Indu-Tech Isolation Valve supports and promotes employee safety programs. With a simple, easy quarter turn of the actuator handle, the isolation valve can be locked-out in either the open or closed position. This ensures the valve won’t open or close during level measurement work. It’s a feature that helps reduce measurement errors and allows for easy, safe use during challenging measurement procedures.
- No Need for Bulky Ratchet Actuators. The quarter turn valve feature makes it so easy; operators can move the ball from the fully open to the fully closed position in all four quadrants of the system. This eliminates both the need for bulky ratchet actuators that can stall working processes and the need for large, heavy ratchet handles that take up excessive space.
- Open or Close on Demand. Because the lever unit has no exposed areas, the valve is guaranteed to open easily on demand. This is important in applications where the handle might not have been opened for a considerable time (even months or years).
Maintaining a clean passage from the level transmitter to the process medium is paramount to a well-functioning system. Over time, most tanks collect sediment at the base. Indu-tech’s unique Swirl Purge allows operators to clean the tank mounting pipe and keep a clean passage to the Level Transmitter.
- Sediment-free, Debris-free. A debris-free interface between the process and the transmitter enables increased accuracy of measurement. It goes almost without saying that sediment build-up can cause inaccurate level measurement readings, significantly reducing efficiency and potentially causing safety hazards. The Swirl Purge feature of Indu-Tech’s Isolation Valve keeps the level transmitter and its surrounds free of sediment.
- Purge Ring. The Swirl-Purge includes a purge ring that allows purging only directly across the ring, and not in the direction of the flow back to the tank. It will purge at a higher pressure than is required with the Indu-tech Swirl Purge design.
- Proven Performance in Multiple Applications. The Swirl-Purge is applicable to a wide range of industries. For example, it has been proven effective and reliable where solid flow is a concern, like processing black and white liquors.
- Pressure Relief. The instrument side swirl-purge can provide pressure relief when high pressures may be a safety issue, like with processes involving piping hydrogen peroxide, for example.
- Efficient Calibration. The swirl purge that works with the Indu-tech Isolation Valve also makes calibration work more efficient, by allowing the level transmitter to be calibrated without it being removed from the tank. A huge benefit to productivity, efficiency and reducing downtime.
Indu-Tech has incorporated a level transmitter instrument side purge. After the valve is flushed clean with the primary purge port, the valve is closed. Metered air is applied to the Transmitter side of the Instrument. This allows for the full calibration of the level transmitter while in-situ.
This eliminates the costly expense of emptying the tank, removing the Level Transmitter and taking it back to the instrumentation to be put on a test bench for re-calibration. An accurate and reliable system when you really need to know what your process is telling you.
The Indu-Tech team understands comprehensively the challenges industrial tank operations face. We know how safety, efficiency and accuracy are critical priorities when measuring tank levels. And that’s why our engineering and design team devised a universal mounting system for the Indu-Tech Isolation Valve.
The Indu-tech standard valves have an ANSI bolt pattern that apply to 2”, 3”, 4”, 150lb, 300lb, 600lb and valves. In addition, the valves are built to DIN Standards 50, 80 and 100 to PN 10, PN 16, PN 24 and PN 40.
For tanks with former knife gates used for isolation, we incorporated DS offset holes to match the knife gate bolt pattern. Before the true Indu-Tech Isolation Valve was developed, the standard knife gate valves used in isolation applications leaked past the gate and the packing gland. This invariably caused leakage at the tank and, in some cases, caused safety hazards involving highly corrosive materials and contamination. In addition, most valves experienced excessive corrosion occurring at the valve support stem.
A key factor in the success of the Indu-Tech Isolation Valve was the implementation of the Wafer-Style Ball Valve. This attribute is a key factor in keeping a level transmitter as close to the tank flange as possible.
Keeping the transmitter close to the flange has been a persistent challenge for industrial liquid processing and storage operations and for obtaining accurate level measurement. Accuracy in measurement is vital for safety and efficiency.
- The wafer ball valve is one of the lightest and most compact on the market, without compromising integrity. We designed its internal components to create a minimal face-to-face dimension, thus providing accurate and precise readings. Minimizing the space required maintains the integrity of the level transmitter while keeping it close to the flange. By keeping the cross section to a minimum size, the valve is lighter and more compact. This has a huge advantage when it is utilized on lined or insulated tanks. The space required for mounting an Indu-tech Isolation Valve is much smaller than a tall knife gate valve.
- Reduced space between the level transmitter and the tank flange, using the wafer-style ball valve, helps extend integrity and lifetime of the transmitter. It also makes for accurate and consistent level readings.
- The wafer-style ball valve makes inspecting, removing, replacing and even repairing (in situ) a level transmitter much quicker, easier and safer.