Chlorine Gas Feed Systems
SCG has been providing advanced chlorine gas feed for municipal water and wastewater treatment applications for over 30 years. Depending on the application, SCG can provide real-time monitoring and control to optimize chemical addition. We can provide an online analyzer for continuous monitoring, a process controller for automatic addition rate adjustments, and a videographic recorder for traceability and data recording. SCG can supply standard products or customize to meet specific site demands.
- Potable water disinfection
- Wastewater effluent disinfection
- Taste and odour control
- Colour removal
- H2S (hydrogen sulphide) destruction
- Algae/slime control
Chlorine can be a dangerous gas when not handled correctly. SCG adheres to the Chlorine Institute’s guidelines for safe, reliable, and accurate dosing of the chemical. SCG recommends a complete gas feed system for optimal results.
- Storage & Handling
- Safe transportation, storage and handling is recommended for chlorine gas containers.
- To monitor inventory, electronic scales are used for continuous measurement.
- SCG recommends the use of safety equipment for chlorine gas. This includes emergency gas scrubbers, automatic valve closure systems, vacuum regulator vent gas arrestors, chlorine gas detectors. and Chlorine Institute Emergency Kits.
SCG understands the safety concerns that go along with operating gas feed systems. The first line of defence is the equipment design & installation. However, in the event of a problem during regular operation we can provide the products and services that will minimize operator risks and help to prevent a catastrophic gas leak. Between our safety experts from De Nora Water Technologies & Powell Fabrication & Manufacturing, we have your plant safety covered.
2. Gas Metering
- Systems are designed to meet plant requirements for redundancy.
- SCG provides all the appurtenances required for safe and accurate dosing.
SCG is an exclusive distributor for Force Flow inventory management solutions in Ontario. Accurate monitoring of plant chemical availability and usage is important for continuous operation. Force Flow has a complete product offering that addresses several solutions for specific chemical and site requirements.
Any technical information expressed is intended for general knowledge and should be confirmed with the chemical supplier.